Monday, November 3, 2008

Penang [Day 1 - 01.11.2008]

First, it was Malacca. This time, I raided PENANG!! =D

Ok, I admit I wasn't that hardworking in updating my blog recently :p I was running around the Peninsular to get a taste of good food, which I've missed over the yearssss =D

Let's see... I had a yumcha session with my primary buddies at Station One Cafe along Jalan Genting Klang. Good to have Tommy, Robin, Marcus, Keng Mun and Melvin to join. To others, hope that you'll be able to join us during the next outing and P-L-E-A-S-E do let us know EARLIER if you couldn't make it =) I reached home around 1:30am and I've yet to pack that time. Plus, my sleeping time is only about 4 hours, prior to leaving, LOL.

Anyways, we (dad, mom and I) set off at about 6:30am. Oh yea, sis did not join, she gotta work ;p Within an hour, we reached Bidor town for breakfast at Pun Chun, famous for it's "wu kok". Made outta yam, with minced pork as its filling. We also had noodles to go along with it.
Pun Chun Restaurant
Wu kokDuck Noodles Soup
Dry Duck Noodles
It was a quick breakfast, as dad was rushing to Bertam for a game of golf with his Penang kaki's (-_-")

Approximately 11am, we reached Seberang Jaya to stop by at aunt's place first, but she was in Kedah, having foot massage. Then, we head on to Sunway Hotel and Bertam to drop dad there before leaving for the ISLAND!! =D

Mom and I decided to take the ferry service over to the Island to pick up Mei Ling =) She also stayed in Sunway Hotel, but in Penang Island.
Sunway Hotel, Butterworth
Ferry
Everyday People
Penang Bridge
Komtar Tower
The journey from the Mainland to the Island via ferry takes about 15-20 minutes. We then headed to Sunway Hotel, Penang to pick up Mei Ling and subsequently, drove down to Penang Road for some assam laksa, cendol and char koey teow =D
After eating, went to buy some local made cookies in Him Heang (sorry, forgotten to snap a photo) and drove all the way to Bayan Lepas side to Queensbay Mall. And I've finally satisfied my curiosity on where Pulau Jerejak (formerly a prison island, now a resort) is, just right at the opposite of the mall =)
Queensbay Roundabout
Pulau Jerejak
After a stroll in Queensbay Mall, we headed back to Mainland for "lok-lok" (assorted fruits, dip into the rojak sauce) and then Bertam to pick dad up, after his game =)
Expansion on the bridge
Lok-lok
Rojak sauce
We had shower in the hotel before leaving to aunt's house. Uncle brought us to Bukit Mertajam for seafood dinner. I have to say, the food was fantastic, tasty and great!! We ordered 12 dishes, 5 bottles of beer and a jug of buah pala drink, it only cost us RM184!! Where can you find seafood for this kinda price in KL?? =9 It was just off the hook, I tell ya =D
Look Yuen Restaurant @ Bukit Mertajam
Bro Yong, Aunt Yean, Uncle Soon (The Hosts)
The GuestsMain dishes
Add-ons
Around 9'ish, I sent Mei Ling back to her hotel. Bro Yong accompanied me so that I wouldn't lose my way, hahaha. Wanted to take a ferry. Unfortunately, during the night, they only operate on hourly basis. So, made a detour to the bridge to get across. Hmm... I kinda find it easy to navigate around Penang Island as there are sign boards everywhere, and the fact that most roads are one way.

That's all for Day 1. Click here for more photos on Day 1 =)

Will have Day 2 up anytime, LOL. Stay tune!

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger