Monday, September 28, 2009

Fish Head Noodles @ Win Soon Cafe, Kuchai Lama

On Saturday, I brought Mei Ling to try out the second-best fish head noodles in town (just a "claim" by me :). Well, I did not know much about this place until my colleagues spoke about how nice this dish is and they've tried it many times before (of course). They went on Wednesday but I didn't follow, as I was feeling a lil' bit under the weather.

So, out of curiosity, I went for a food-hunting session with Mei Ling :)

Got lost a few times, ended up calling Elaine for directions. Well, it's not that difficult to locate the restaurant, it's just the amount of buildings blocking the view, haaa~
They are specialized in nothing but fish head noodles. However, there are other varieties as well, such as fish paste and fresh prawns, if you like to add on to your order.

Mei Ling ordered their ever famous fish head noodles...
... And I ordered mine with fresh prawn added :)
What I like about the fresh prawn is that it added a flavorful prawn taste to the soup, combining together with the fish flavor. It's just so scrumptious! :D
However, the MSG added to the soup is a bit too much to my liking. I tend to drink more and my mouth feels dry after that.

Here's the total:
Fish Head Mee Hoon : RM7.50
Fresh Prawn and Fish Head Mee Hoon : RM13.80
Iced Lemon Tea : RM3.50
Iced Honey Sea Coconut : RM2.50

Grand Total : RM27.30

I guess it's a reasonable price for a well-known restaurant. But I just think that it's unnecessary to charged an extra RM6 for a piece of fresh prawn, which is cut into half.

My rating : 7.5/10

Try it! You may just like it ;)

Address:
No. 46, Jalan Kuchai Lama Maju 9,
Off Jalan Kuchai Lama,
Kuala Lumpur.

Landmarks:
Station 1 Cafe and Boston.

2 comments:

Styl said...

is it much better than the one at Kiwi?

Vincent Teh said...

i forgotten how kiwi's taste like but this one is good. one of the best i've tasted.

it's located nearby the petrol station with mcD, where darren fetched you to. remember?? hehehe.

some said damansara has one too. one day i'm gonna try that :)

Powered By Blogger