Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Manchester United Asia Tour 2009

Finally, they're back in KL!
Back in 2001, I went to watch the training and match that were held in the same venue, Bukit Jalil National Stadium :) It was their first since the last visit in 1980's.

Then, there were the likes of Fabien Barthez, David Beckham, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Jaap Stam - to name a few :) Besides that, there were also 3 old timers whom I've seen them - Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.

8 years on, and the line up is different now. Was really excited with the arrival of ManUtd, especially Cristiano Ronaldo. But he opted a move to Real Madrid about 3 weeks before ManUtd's tour to Asia. It was rather disappointing but I'm not gonna let that pull me down!

It was July 18th, 2009. Approximately 2:30pm...

Here are the photos when we first arrived;
Good to have them to support the yellow-black stripes :)
Everyone looks the same to me (from the back)
Entering the stadium;
Just as I like it :)
Woot~ Small section of Malaysia supports
Malaysia team out for warming up session
Ben Foster giving the crowd something to cheer about
ManUtd first team is out!
Applauding the crowd
ManUtd Starting XI
Formation
Start of the game;
Kick-off for the first half
Half time score
Kick-off for the second half
#7: ManUtd latest signing - Michael Owen
Great achievement by the national side after 70 minutes!
At the end of the game;
Final score and the goal-scorers
After a long, tiring and exhausted day :)
These are some of the photos that I've posted here. For more of the actions, click here ;)

Was unable to meet up with Jesmine, Kana and Robin after the game due to the massive flow of human traffic leaving the place. But bumped into Samuel, somehow :)

Left Bukit Jalil at approximately 8:30pm and reached Kelana Jaya at 9pm. We then had a quick dinner before I went home for a nice shower and go to bed :)

It's truly an amazing experience. I may not be there for the game, but I'm there for the passion and for the team that I've supported since 1998 :)

So, the next time they were to come again, I will be sure to be there!

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger