Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Father's Grief ~ Faintest of Hope

**********************************************************************************
Hi Everyone,

This coming Sunday will mark the third month since the Princess of the Stars capsized and up to now we still do not know the whereabouts of Kathleen. Ever since the June 21, things have really been so different for me. Everyday when I go to work, my heart aches knowing in my heart that the company, which I have been serving for the past 28 years, have been instrumental to the disappearance of a daughter whom I loved so much.

I really miss Kathleen so much, not so much of her being the one supposedly to help the family but because she was such an obedient child. In the office, I would cry when memories of
Kathleen will come to my mind. I would remember that it was Achie Nellie who helped Abeth deliver Kathleen into this world.

This coming September 24, they said will be the day that the pesticide ENDOSULFAN will be taken out from the ship and then after, the divers will begin to retrieve the remaining bodies trapped inside the ship. I know that finding survivors inside the ship will be remote but we are still hoping and praying that there will be survivors found inside the ship and Kathleen will be one of them.

I have been contemplating of availing the Optional Retirement in the Collective Bargaining Agreement of the Union and the Company, why? Because everytime I work and come across entry of the vessel Princess of the Stars, I just could not help it but cry and the excitement and vigor of working for the company has disappeared.
But I am still seeking the guidance of the Lord Jesus into making the right decision. Please help me pray that I would be making the right decision.

Love,
Alex

16th September 2008
**********************************************************************************
Dear Uncle Alex,

I can't help but to feel sorry and mourn the loss of sis Kathleen. Stay strong, uncle. Hang in there.

God bless all of you back there in Cebu.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger