Monday, October 6, 2008

Passing of 2 Great Personnel

I'm sure everyone had joy and fun over the past week - it was a Raya week =) 5 days straight, what else more can you ask for? =)

I had my own joy too. I was able to meet up with Mei Ling for the whole week. We went for mamak, dinner, movie... Oh yea, shopping too =D

However, it was short lifted and marred by 2 separate incidents, with the same outcome:
  1. In the Philippines, they have found and retrieved the body of my cousin sis, Kathleen. Her body was finally laid to rest.
  2. On one hand, everyone's much settled as her body is recovered. On the other, they have lost a great personnel in their life. She was 32.
  3. She was cremated on October 3rd, 2008.
  4. Here are some photos of her wake, captured from Daryl's website:
  5. Back here in Malaysia, it was by far the hardest news to accept. 23 years ago, I was under the guardian of my nanny, back then, for 6 years.
  6. She took care of and my sis and I. Throughout the 6 years, she never demanded for anything from my mom except not to stop her services.
  7. She treated my sis and I like her own grandchildren.
  8. Then, I never knew her love for us. I was only 6... Now, all the memories came back to me, telling me what a great person she was and she deserves more than what she had.
  9. On October 1st, 2008... Her body surrendered, as she drew her last breath during her afternoon sleep... She was 81.
  10. I managed to visit her last month, as I heard from my grandma (also nanny's best friend) that nanny looks ill and weak. Here are the photos taken:
  11. During her wake, I couldn't bear to see myself paying my last respect to her THAT way.
  12. I'm glad that her torture has finally come to an end and she's able to rest in peace. Seeing her for the one last time means a lot to me.
  13. She looks peaceful as her body is laid into the coffin.
  14. She'll always be the greatest person I've ever known... ='(
  15. Sis and myself were no strangers at nanny's wake. Friends and relatives knew who we were.
  16. Grandma was distraught and saddened by the news. However, she was unable to attend to the wake and funeral, as she was having an ongoing prayers.
  17. Tears rolling down my cheek, as they nail her coffin and carried it into a hearse.
  18. After the funeral, I asked myself, "Will there be anymore reason(s) for me to visit her house - the place where I grew up? Or perhaps this is the end of a chapter that I will cherish and carry it throughout my entire life?".
  19. Regardless what the answers may be, I will NEVER EVER forget what she has done for me over the years =)
  20. Another passing of a great personnel. She will ALWAYS be a part of me, as she plays an influential role in my life too.
  21. One thing for sure, I'm so sorry for feeding your dog with raw eggs, back then, Auntie Hwa =D
  22. Chin up!!
  23. I'd like to dedicate this song to sis Kathleen and Auntie Hwa - R.I.P.

Sha-la-la-la-la [x2]
You used to call me your angel
Said I was sent straight down from heaven
You'd hold me close in your arms

I loved the way you felt so strong
I never wanted you to leave
I wanted you to stay here holding me

[CHORUS:]
I miss you
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in a while
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you, sha la la la la
I miss you

You used to call me your dreamer
And now I'm living out my dream
Oh how I wish you could see
Everything that's happening for me
I'm thinking back on the past
It's true that time is flying by too fast

[CHORUS]

I know you're in a better place, yeah
But I wish that I could see your face, oh
I know you're where you need to be
Even though it's not here with me

[CHORUS x2]

(I miss you)


Currently listening to: I Miss You (Miley Cyrus)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care n be strong... Hugs...

Vincent Teh said...

thank you very much :)

Powered By Blogger