Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Year In Review

January;
Again, cousins gave me a surprise on my 23rd birthday, at my home. I didn't see it coming =D

February;
We had a small gathering for Wai Yee before she left for Australia to continue her studies =)
Went to Hatyai for Chinese New Year trip with the entire Teh clan. It was our first time having such trip, in a coach! Yeap, it's all ours. The last trip was to Kuantan, whereby we drove abour 5-6 cars there =)
It was also my final moment in EIG. I had to leave for a better future opportunity and it was wonderful have known good colleagues around, back then ;)

March;
I started the next chapter of my career in a telematics company. My first 1.5 months was a torture cos I wasn't given much tasks to do. Even if there's a task, it's not challenging. Not to my expectation.

April;
Celebrated mom's birthday in Tamarind Hills. Nice ambience and food is good too =D

Went for a night stay in Avilion, Port Dickson. Fantastic view from the balcony ^^
Besides that, it was also my first year, after leaving college life. No more relying on parents to provide source of living. Well... Except for shelter and food (at times), hehehe.

May;
It was sis' birthday. I've forgotten what I got for her. Let's see... I think I gave her a red packet, wahahaha~

June;
I then met this girl, Mei Ling. Anyways, I've known her before. Just that we didn't really keep in touch or communicate much with each other. Long story cut short, another chapter of our lives has begun =)
July;
Dad's birthday falls on July 17th. Sis and I got him something... Which I've forgotten as well, hahaha ;p

Oh yea, it also marks my first year in the working industry! =D

And I gotta learn new stuff about the company's GPS device ;)

August
;
Yea, it was Malaysia's 51st Independence Day. Yay...

September;
Sis, grandma and I visited aunt Hwa, as we heard that she's getting more ill and that she broke her left arm. She was definitely cheerful and happy to see us around. I felt bad that over the years, I did not spend more time visiting her...
Mom always nagged sis and I and we kept giving excuses. Anyhow, we both decided that we should do something about it. After all, she took care of us when we were young =) We owed her our childhood lives.

Then, my company shifted to the new long-awaited new premise, located about 4-5 blocks away from the old one. First time I actually felt hectic working here, hahaha. Well, not because of the shifted... Partially I'd say ;p

October;
Received a double-blowing news. It was the death of aunt Hwa and sis Kathleen. Hmm... Somehow, everyone can see those incidents coming... We're just glad that the pain has gone for the deceased and people involved.

Then, I attended the 2007 Business of The Year Award Presentation Dinner, held in Istana Hotel's Grand Ballroom. It was truly an experience, as I've never attended such functions before. Well, I'm expecting more to come =D

At the end of the month, we went to Malacca for a family vacation on Deepavali week. It has been a while since we did this together =)
November;
After traveling to Malacca, we went to the north this time - to Penang (Day 1 & Day 2). It was for grandpa's death anniversary.
I was glad to come back to mom's hometown, stroll along the city, island and to see my relatives. It has been a while =)

Things just got busier for me in the office. I've more and more responsibilities to do, more exciting and interesting tasks to carry out. I'm just glad after soooo long~ =D

December
;
On the 13th, we went to Genting to celebrate parents' wedding anniversary! It's their 27th and going strong ;) On top of that, dad also won a golf competition in Awana!!
It's the Christmas spirit!! It's the month where Christmas trees are setup, presents are wrapped and exchanged, along with caroling =)
And it also signals the end of the year... Here comes year 2009 =)

However, I'm still stunned that I was given crazy deadlines until BEFORE 2009's Chinese New Year - to setup a Linux server for Indonesia. I hope I can pull it through, though.

I'll be having a steamboat gathering with my primary mates, to countdown the year 2009. It should turn out fine =) Looking forward to it.


Happy New Year 2009, peeps!!

3 comments:

eiling lim said...

Happy new Year. I recognised the Avilion Room!

Vincent Teh said...

happy new year to you too, eiling :)

yeah... my dad got an upgrade to the room, facing the sea ;)

marcusan said...

ZOMG... i is not knowing that you is attached. LOL. i is so slow!!!

ps. keep this between you and me okay? pls dun go sebar at Hokkaido ar.. LOL

Powered By Blogger